Monday, December 31, 2012

Owls for Orphans: The Rylands Family

I am so excited to introduce you to the Rylands family!  I first met Angie earlier this year as Craig and I began to consider adoption.  As the director of the Lifeline office here in Charleston, she was able to answer a lot of our questions about adoption.  She has since become a great friend and someone I look up to immensely.



Angie and Tom have three children: Colin, Cameron, and Tommy.  Colin and Cameron were recently adopted from China.  Angie and Tom are now in the process of bringing home two more boys from China.  They still need around 20k dollars before the process is over and are running out of time.

For the month of January you will be able to help The Rylands through Owls for Orphans.  When you order an owl (or multiple owls) a portion of the sale will be set aside for the Rylands.  I keep a small portion to cover the cost of materials and everything else will go to them!  Simply mention their name when you order so that I can be sure the money is credited to them.   On February 1st I will send a check to their agency with all of the January proceeds from this fundraiser.  Let's help them get these boys home!

To order owls just click the Order tab at the top of the page.  Or send an email to Amy at owlsfororphans (at) gmail (dot) com.

A small disclaimer: we are working on owls for a big project at the end of January, so I don't have any pre-made owls ready.  I always take custom orders but wait time for owls is about 4 weeks right now rather than the usual 2.  However, I can rush an order if necessary, so send me an email and we can chat!

Please feel free to share this link on Facebook, blogs, email, etc to help share the Rylands story and raise money for them!  If you have a blog you can use the following button in your sidebar - just be sure it links back here!

Owls for Orphans: Rylands

No comments:

Post a Comment